Zoom in on the graph above to view the price trend of a certain period. Then click on the beginning or the end of that period and drag to the right or left. The graph shows your selected period with the highest and lowest values.
Follow the current Zcash (ZEC) price
The value of Zcash changes every moment. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That’s because crypto exchanges never close. There’s no Zcash opening or closing price.
24 hrs. Ago
The value of zcash 24 hours ago
24 hrs. High
The highest value of zcash over the past 24 hours
24 hrs. Low
The lowest value of zcash over the past 24 hours
24 hrs. Change
Here you can see how much the value has increased or decreased over the past 24 hours
24 hrs. Volume
De omvang van alle zcash transacties van de afgelopen 24 uur, uitgedrukt in euro's. Hierbij wordt alleen gekeken naar alle openbare beurzen.
ZEC Market Cap
De totale waarde van alle zcash. Dit wordt berekend door het aantal zcash in omloop te vermenigvuldigen met de huidige waarde.
The share of ZEC in the cryptocurrency market compared to all other coins
The price is established on international, online exchanges where buyers and sellers come together to trade in Zcash. This way the price is immediately determined: Is the price dropping? Then there is more supply than demand. But if the price increases, the demand is higher than the supply!
In the table above you can see Zcash's 'Return On Investment'. The percentages indicate the return on an investment in ZEC, measured from three different moments in time.
Historical price ZEC
Zcash’ (price) history
Zcash originated when it forked from the Bitcoin blockchain on October 28, 2016. It was previously called the Zerocoin protocol before it was incorporated into the Zerocash system. Eventually the name was abbreviated to Zcash.
Because Zcash is a Bitcoin fork, they share some similarities. Both coins are decentralized and will release a maximum of 21 million coins in total. That’s where the similarities end, because Zcash was designed for a completely different purpose.
The focus of Zcash is on privacy. With Zcash you can decide for yourself which information you would like to share. For example, you can choose to shield the receiving and sending address. On the Zcash blockchain you can’t see how many coins are on a specific address either.
Access to this information can be provided with special "viewing keys." This way you can still share transaction data if you need to. Without a key you can look up a transaction on the blockchain, but it won’t make any sense. The recipient, sender, and the amount are invisible.
Let’s dive into the highlights of the Zcash price:
- Zcash became available to the public on October 29, 2016. The initial price was extremely high. One Zcash was worth 5,336 euros at the time, an unprecedented amount for a new coin. Ultimately, this turned out not to be in line with market conditions. The starting price is also the all-time high of the privacy currency.
- Barely two days later, at 7 PM on October 31, Zcash’ value dropped below 500 euros. Not much was left of the euphoria surrounding the launch of the currency.
- Or did investors have faith in the currency after all? At 12 AM the price was higher than 2,000 euros again!
- On November 14, 2016, the value of Zcash fell below 100 euros for the first time.
- November 22, 2016, the coin was worth only 50 euros. It can go that fast... Less than a month after the launch, the Zcash value is now worth one percent of what it started out with.
- Less than a month later, in the midst of December, the coin was worth 30 euros.
- On February 23, Zcash experienced its provisional low: 23.49 euros. After that the bull run hit!
- A good example of the bull run came during the night of 22 May to 23 May in 2017. At the start of the night the value was around 120 euros, but in the middle of the night the price had already risen to 285 euros.
- The price continued to rise steadily until January 8, 2018, Zcash was worth around 850 euros. Just like many other coins, Zcash ended up in a free fall.
Currently, Zcash seems to have found its way up again. That is because the team behind the coin is actively developing the protocol. The coin is also available in many different places.
Only invest an amount that you can afford to lose
We recommend investing an amount of money that you can afford to lose. In our opinion, investing in cryptocurrencies is one of the most interesting investments you can make, but at the same time it can be risky due to its volatile behaviour.