Want to sell your bitcoin to spend your profits or to pay for the energy of your mining rig? With this tutorial, selling your bitcoins will be a piece of cake.
How do I sell my bitcoin on BTC Direct?
- Create an account on our website
- Start a sell order
- Receive the funds on your personal bank account
Need help selling your bitcoin?
Step 1: Creating an account on BTC Direct
It won’t come as a surprise, but if you would like to sell your bitcoin you will need an account first. Did you already register on our website? Than you can skip this step and continue reading step two. If you haven’t got an account yet, click ‘Register’ in the top right corner. Creating a BTC Direct account is fast, easy and free, you will be able to sell your bitcoin the same day.
In order to create an account you will need to identify yourself. We focus on providing a platform where you can buy and sell cryptocurrencies with the greatest of ease. However, offering services without identifying our users would open the door to illicit activity as it could for instance allow criminals to buy bitcoins with a hacked bank account. We expect that laws and regulations will come into force in the not too distant future. To ensure that our customers won’t experience any inconvenience to these potential regulations, we already have a clear KYC policy in place.
The documents we receive from you will be saved to an offline, encrypted hard drive. The provided documents are only available to selected BTC Direct employees, and will never be shared with third parties.
Now you’ve created an account, you’ll able to sell your bitcoins.
Step 2: Start a sell order
- Select ‘Sell’ on our homepage. Bitcoin is already selected in the calculator for you. Enter the amount of coins you would like to sell and click ‘sell bitcoins’. Now you will get to see an overview of your order.
- Fill in or check your banking details, accept the terms and conditions and click ‘checkout’.
- You’ve now created your sell order. On screen you will find the bitcoin address you need to send the coins to. Make sure to copy and paste the address, never type it out manually.
- On the right side of the screen you will see the time you have left to send the coins to the given address.
- Access your wallet and click on ‘send coins’. Here you can paste the address we’ve provided you with and enter the amount of coins you would like to sell to us.
- Most wallets automatically determine the necessary amount of fee for your transaction. If your wallet hasn’t got that function and you need more information, please read our article on transaction fees or contact our support team.
- Your bitcoins have now been sent to BTC Direct. The payout amount will be determined once the transaction is visible on the blockchain. The transaction doesn’t need to be confirmed yet.
Step 3: Receive the funds on your bank account
To ensure you receive your funds as soon as possible we have multiple payout rounds a day. In most cases the funds will be in your bank account within two business days.
Feel like this is the moment to sell? Want to place your sell order as fast as possible? Get started with selling your coins via the button below:
Selling your bitcoin is quite easy, you just need to follow these three simple steps:
- Create an account on our platform
- Start a sell order and send the bitcoin from your wallet to ours.
- Wait until the funds are credited into your bank account.
If you’ve got any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our support team!