How do I purchase bitcoin cash?
Bitcoin cash is the result of a bitcoin hard fork. The coin is relatively young but has built up a loyal fanbase quickly. This has led to a top five coinmarketcap spot for bitcoin cash.
Step 1: Register at BTC Direct
BTC Direct sells several cryptocurrencies, one of them is bitcoin cash. In order to buy bitcoin cash on our platform, we ask you to register first. Haven’t registered an account yet? Click ‘register’ in the top right corner. The registration process is quick and easy, you will be able to place an order the same day!
When you create an account on BTC Direct we will ask you to identify yourself. We focus on providing a platform where you can buy and sell cryptocurrencies with the greatest of ease. However, offering services without identifying our users would open the door to illicit activity. For instance it could allow criminals to buy coins with a hacked bank account. We expect that laws and regulations will come into force in the nearby future. To ensure that our customers don’t experience any inconvenience to these potential regulations, we already have a clear KYC policy in place.
The documents we receive from you will be saved to an offline, encrypted hard drive. The provided documents are only available to selected BTC Direct employees, and will never be shared with third parties.
Step 2: Create a Wallet
In addition to a BTC Direct account, you will also need a wallet. You use your wallet to send, receive and manage your coins from. There are different types of wallets, but we recommend our less experienced users to create an online wallet where they can store small amounts in. A good online wallet is BRD. In this video we explain how to create a BRD wallet. It's available for Android and iOS.
Do you want to know more about wallets?
Step 3: Purchase at BTC Direct
- Select ‘BCH’ or ‘Bitcoin cash’ in the calculator on our homepage. Enter the desired amount of coins, or the amount of euros you would like to spend in the price calculator. Click on the green button that states ‘buy bitcoin cash’. Now you will be shown an overview of your order.
- Enter your bitcoin cash receiving address in the corresponding field. You can find your address by selecting ‘receive bitcoin’ in your wallet. Please make sure to copy and paste the address, never type it in order to prevent mistakes.
- Select your preferred payment method. Please note: Only payments from your own bank account are permitted.
- Make sure you’ve entered the correct address, that you’ve read our terms of service and that you’ve agreed to them.
- After you’ve finished up your payment, a screen pops up that states ‘verify your transaction’. This is your last chance to make sure you’ve entered the correct address. Did you make a mistake? Please do not confirm the order but contact our support team instead, they will help you out.
When will I receive my bitcoin cash?
We will process your transaction instantly. In most cases your bitcoin cash will be in your wallet within ten minutes. But, there are always exceptions. When you place your first order on our platform or use a bank account that you haven’t used before, we will need to verify it manually. This means that when you place an order outside of our business hours, it could take a little longer.
You’ve done your research and are now eager to buy your bitcoin cash. We would like to help you in doing so! The only thing you need are a BTC Direct account and a wallet. When you’ve created both, you can start buying bitcoin cash using a payment card or a bank transfer. The coins will be in your wallet shortly!